Thursday, December 10, 2015

Pauline Viardot Lifetime Artifacts #8-10




Artifact #8)

     This is my older sister Diva Maria Malibran.  She was thirteen years older than I and was an amazing soprano.  My father made me his favorite daughter and trained me on the piano and gave me singing lessons.  She was one of the most famous opera singers of our time and I was always in her shadow. She died performing in a church after she fell from her balcony and never saw a physician for her injuries.  She will be missed. I love her.




Artifact #9)

     The piano!  My favorite instrument of all time!  You may just think of me as an opera singer because that is what I’m known for, but I was also an amazing pianist.  I was taught how to play from my father at a young age which fueled my dream of becoming a concert pianist.  My mother didn't like that Idea so she made me stay with vocal and opera.  I somewhat regret my decision of not becoming a concert pianist because this is where my passion truly was.






Artifact # 10)

     This is my father, Manuel del Pópulo Vicente Rodriguez García; better known as Manuel García.  In the photo above, he is in his costume for the role of Otello from the Opera based on the Shakespeare play, Othello. He was a famous Tenor who was in many operas such as “Don Giovanni, Otello and The Barber of Seville”.  This amazing man wasn't just an amazing father, but also a great teacher.  As I said earlier, my father taught me piano and vocal instead of my sister Maria Malibran (pictured above) because I was his favorite.  My father was an amazing man and I wouldn’t have anyone else for a father, but him.

No comments:

Post a Comment